The J. S. Lee Memorial Fellowship Programme Office (the "Programme Office") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it in compliance with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
Kinds of Personal Data we Collect
We collect personal information in order to process applications for the J. S. Lee Memorial Fellowship Programme (the "Programme") and to handle enquiries or requests. You may be required to provide us with personal data, including but not limited to your name, gender, age, date of birth, email address, mailing address and other information as may be requested in the Application Form, the Recommendation Form and if your application is successful, necessary information for visa application, medical insurance arrangements and Fellowship grant payments.
The provision of personal data is on a voluntary basis. However, failure to provide sufficient data may result in us being unable to process your application and/or request.
Use of Personal Data
The personal data we collect may be used for one or more of the following purposes:
- To respond to, handle and process any enquiries and/or requests submitted by you;
- To process your application for the Programme;
- To process your references as a Programme applicant;
- To assist with your visa application;
- To process Fellowship grant;
- To facilitate the Programme;
- To organize activities for current and past Fellows;
- To send you updates on the events / Programmes organized by us; and
- To evaluate the Programme.
The personal data collected may also be used for administrative, academic, research, statistical, marketing and communication purposes by the Programme Office.
To fulfill the above purposes, you may be contacted via e-mail, telephone or other means allowed under the law. You may opt out of receiving marketing communications from us by sending your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Personal data collected will be kept confidential but we may release the same to:
- The Programme Selection Committee;
- Local and overseas Participating Institutions or museums of the Programme;
- Trusted third parties who have undertaken to keep such information confidential such as those who assist us in operating our website and database; and
- Third parties as required by law such as law enforcement authorities.
Retention of Personal Data
All personal data collected will only be kept for the duration that is necessary for the fulfillment of the aforesaid purposes for which the data is or is to be used.
By providing us your personal data or submitting an application for the Programme, you consent to the collection, use, transfer, storage and processing of your personal data as prescribed above.
Access and Change of Personal Data
Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you are entitled to request access to and correction of your personal data held by us. Such request can be made through writing to:
The J. S. Lee Memorial Fellowship Programme 1401C, Lee Garden Two 28 Yun Ping Road Hong Kong
A reasonable fee may be charged for the processing of such request.
The Programme website contains links to websites not owned and operated by the Programme Office. The Programme Office is therefore not responsible for the privacy practices of such websites.